Budget 2017 announced

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Details of the 2017 Budget were announced today. I am not going to regurgitate all the information contained in it here, but wanted to share a link to a summary article on the RTE website for those of you who are interested.

http://www.rte.ie/news/budget-2017/2016/1011/823095-budget-2017-key-points-at-a-glance/

For those of you who unfamiliar with Budget day in Ireland, it's usually a pretty big deal. People from all walks of life are very attentive to it. On this day they get to find out changes to thing such as income tax, social welfare payments, tax credits, cigarette and alcohol price increases, childcare changes, etc.

Feel free to discuss the details of it here if you wish.

(@dorzak)
Estimable Member

I have been keeping an eye on it. The help to buy is interesting but not sure how it would work outside of Dublin. How many new housing developments are there?

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

You're referring to the 'help to buy' scheme, right @dorzak ?
There are plenty of new housing developments around the country. There were popping up all over Cork city suburbs where I lived. And most would fall under the 400k cap.
Try this view on myhome.ie https://www.myhome.ie/residential/ireland/new-homes/property-for-sale?status=2%7C12&SortBy=Most%20Recent
Click on the map view button and then zoom in on an area to see what's new. The map view is misleading at first until you zoom in, because it only shows hits in Dublin and Cork.

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

In reading the details more closely it wouldn't help anybody who has just moved to Ireland:
"The scheme will provide first-time buyers with a rebate of income tax paid over the previous four tax years, up to 5% of the purchase price of a new home up to a value of €400,000.:

ReplyQuote
(@dorzak)
Estimable Member

Yeah, but with houses in the area I am looking at being around $300,000 and the tax percentages, and the program being for the next several years I could see using it after 2-3 years.

ReplyQuote
Share: