24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey everybody,
In an effort to ensure this site is meeting your needs, I'd like to ask you a quick question or 2.
I'm looking for ideas for how we can improve the functionality of the site. Any input is valuable, so please comment below if you have some ideas.

Photos/video
One idea I've been toying with is adding capability for you to upload pictures and/or video clips. Before I dig too deep in to this idea, maybe you could answer the following:

Q. Would you be interested in sharing pictures from your move on this site? e.g. something to do with moving logistics, and/or something you'd like to share from your new life in Ireland.

(@dorzak)
Estimable Member

Yes, I would be interested. However, I can see where it could become and administration nightmare to handle.

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Possibly. I could give it a shot though, and if that's the case then turn it off.

ReplyQuote
(@hometoireland)

Liam, give it a try. Many of us are so used to Facebook, Twitter, etc. that we feel like we need to share weblinks, etc. to make our points.

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

You can post weblinks and any other kind of text now @hometoireland. I was just wondering if there'd be a need/desire to post pictures.

ReplyQuote
(@dorzak)
Estimable Member

Are we talking links to media on other sites, or media uploaded to this site and stored on your server?

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I was referring to allowing people to upload their pictures here, which would display on their profile page. They could link to them (display them) then on the forums etc.

ReplyQuote
(@mairead)
Eminent Member

It's always nice to be able to upload pictures but it does sound like a big headache for you Liam.

ReplyQuote
(@katemreagan)
Trusted Member

Hi Liam,

I would definitely be interested in uploading some pictures. It can be helpful, especially when trying to explain some of the forms for immigration, invoices, or just nuances with everyday practical things that differ from the US.

ReplyQuote
(@dorzak)
Estimable Member

One thing would be nice is a fair terms for an upload site. Clearly defined for both sides the use rights. For example for the uploaded they would not have to sign over all rights to the photos. For Liam though the uploaded could agree to grant him some use rights.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: