[Sticky] Introduce yourself here  

Page 19 / 19 Prev
  RSS

Mallory Anderson
(@ande6163)
04/06/2018 4:15 am  

Hi -- I'm Mallory! 

I'm planning on moving to Ireland later this year to be with my partner and I'm here to get some guidance on how to move my life over there. We have a home base set up in Limerick already but I still have a lot of things to figure out on my end (including getting my cat over there.) Hopefully, I can make some great connections here to help make everything go a little more smoothly before and after the move! 

-M

ReplyQuote
niana guerrero
(@nianaguerrero)
05/06/2018 3:50 am  

I'm niana guerrero. I'm a new member of the forum irelandmoveclub, very pleased to be acquainted and make friends to share everything in life with people. Especially learned from the forum.

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
06/06/2018 6:25 pm  

Welcome @ande6163 and @nianaguerrero

Be sure to let us know if we can help with anything. 

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

**Filing US Taxes from abroad? Info & discount here**

ReplyQuote
Danielle
(@dnmorrison)
07/06/2018 4:39 pm  

Hello!

My name is Danielle and I am currently a United States citizen. I just recently made the trip to Ireland to visit my boyfriend for the first time after talking for nearly a year. As crazy as it sounds, we are wanting to get married and move me to Ireland, so I am hoping that this forum can help me out with the process. I have no idea where to begin and I have researched some, but I haven't found anything quite exactly what I need to know.

I know we have to give at least 3 months notice before we plan on marrying, but I was concerned about the two interviews. Would those be completed while I was on my short-term stay? It would get expensive to go there and come back several times. And if I go there to marry, it is absolutely necessary to have to leave and apply for the long-term visa or is there a way around that?

I look forward to getting to know all of you and learn how to make this all work out! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Jean Bolger
(@jeanb)
18/06/2018 5:52 am  

Hi Danielle!
There's some good info on pets here, and you can find more buy googling. Unfortunately, it's not going to provide you with very good news. Ireland and the UK are particularly strict about animals coming in. Not as strict as they used to be (6 weeks quarantine!!) but not as open as a lot of other EU countries. For instance, airlines cannot allow pets in the cabin on flights coming in; they have to be in crates in the hold. There's very specific paperwork and timing that must be followed. Most of the advice I've seen has been to use a professional pet shipper. The cost is not inconsiderable, you'd best budget at least $1000. For a short term like 3 months, you may be better off looking for a temporary foster home. (I know! NOT what you want to hear. You want to take the family along) 
You could also look into a workaround like flying into a different EU country, spending enough time there to get an EU "pet passport" (yes, that's a thing) and then traveling on to Ireland. If you try that please let me know how it goes! I'm planning a more permanent move and am trying to strategize getting the feline there smoothly.

Edited: 1 day  ago

ReplyQuote

Jean Bolger
(@jeanb)
18/06/2018 5:56 am  

OOps!!
That reply was for Tanya, but I can't seem to delete or move it, LOL

I hope she sees it, or perhaps Liam can do something on his end 🙂

ReplyQuote
Tanya Brody
(@harpchic42)
18/06/2018 3:19 pm  

Hi Jean,

Yes, I've heard about the restrictions on having pets in the cabin, etc. 

I've also done some research and it looks like Ireland lets you bring your pet into the country, so long as they have the correct shots, etc. 

I have a friend who got a pet passport for her dog and my sister traveled to the UK (via France) with her parrot about 10 years ago, so I have a bunch of people I can ask questions of too.

Thanks so much for your comment and I'll let you know what I find. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 19 / 19 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register