[Sticky] Introduce yourself here

316 Posts
154 Users
98 Likes
49.5 K Views
(@evans)

@moveclubadmin

Liam,

We are in Crosshaven. Still not sure if they are even processing stamp 0 yet and whether it has moved online or is still by mail. Waiting to reach out till we are done with quarantine.

ReplyQuote
(@elvis1)

Hello all,

My Wife was born in Ireland and has family there,I am a New Yorker by birth and a Coloradan for the last 20 years.

Actively looking to buy a small farm in the Tipperary,Kilkenny,Mullingar areas.Will have so many questions, so glad we found this forum, looking forward to finding information here about moving with Dogs Cats and Horses.

Elvis and Sarah

ReplyQuote
(@wilcoxon)

My wife is an Irish citizen (through her grandfather - she has not lived there).  I am a US citizen.  We've been traveling to Ireland many times over the last 15 or so years and have talked about moving there.  I am currently unemployed so, in some ways, it seems like a good time to finally make the move (though there's definitely extra logistics around COVID).

ReplyQuote
(@bjhayes)

Hi All, 

My name is Barbara Hayes, I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I am a dual citizen, US and Ireland, and plan to retire to Island sooner rather than later. I will be turning 65 this month, and my husband is 70. My family originates in Galway (Turloughmore), on my paternal grandmother’s side, and Cork (Doneraile) on my paternal grandfather side.  I have yet to delve into my mothers relatives, but I do know they are from Galway, cork, and Down areas.
My plan is to retire there within the next year or two, my husband is not as certain of the move as I am. He does have some health issues that may impact our decision, as I am not sure how the insurance/medical situation is handled once you are an Irish resident.  We may begin with living there a few months at a time to get a sense of how it feels and any concerns that arise.
I would love to hear how you all went about beginning the journey of moving and any pitfalls or advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

@bjhayes

Welcome to the site Barbara (and hubby) . It's great to have you hear. Looking forward to hearing from you as your move progresses. Please feel free to create new forum topics as the need arises, or add to existing ones.

In the meantime, here is a great resource to help you understand the Irish health insurance industry: https://www.hia.ie/

Best wishes,

Liam 

ReplyQuote
(@bjhayes)

Thanks for the warm welcome ,Liam...and for the info!

ReplyQuote
(@nmtibet)

Hello! My husband David (and McCloud our ginger tabby) and I hope to make our move in 2021. Our big variable is selling our home. And of course, COVID. We have started our Stamp 0 visa application with Sinnott solicitors in Dublin (they are saying it takes 6-9 mos these days!) I've started getting shipping quotes (40' FCL), weeding out the house, digitizing files, etc. So glad I found this site! I'm on a FB group, and that's been helpful, but this seems to have much more information. TIA for any and all help along the way!

Tibby, David & McCloud Gold, Taos, NM US

ReplyQuote
(@irishnomadic)

Hi Liam and those other brilliant folks who embraced Irish weather and life, of their own free will!  Just spent ½ hour on the site, and feeling better informed about the move and navigating shipping, pets etc.  We are moving home to Ireland — Western Galway— after years in the USA—Washington DC— in 2021.  We have 6 months so enough time I think.   Thanks Liam for putting the site together.  We will be back on the community to ask about shipping, timing, car buying, health insurance etc.  

Haven’t seen a huge amount since COVID 19 kicked in, even on this site.  Will be curious at to whether it changes pricing, timing, options etc.  

Paul 

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Paul @irishnomadic

good to have you here and glad to hear the info on the site has been useful so far. 

Happy to help wherever possible as questions pop up. Looking forward to hearing from you.  

liam

ReplyQuote
(@irishnomadic)

Hi Liam thanks.  I will move most of the content I got from the shippers to that part of the site, but the short of it is that I plan to go with UpackWeShip unless you or someone on here has a better idea.  

ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 32
Share: