Clear all

Cars and Car Seats

14 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Wow! You got a deal. 7k for a Toyota with 40,000 on it. You must have super-human negotiating powers 🙂

I'm sure you could find someone in the know to rip the right wire out of that GPS system. Or maybe it can be updated with an English version. Or hang around a Japanese language school, and pay some kid 10 euro to fiddle with the settings 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@katemreagan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I did a quick search a few days ago and found some (what appeared to be amazing from my side of the computer) Hondas and Toyotas with only 40,000 miles for around 9000 euro, and they were automatic! Maybe there is some deal with Japanese cars?? I know in the States, a lot of people will only by Japanese cars rather than the American Fords and Chevy's because they are more reliable.

I think I would take a Japanese GPS as well for that price! And hang around a Japanese language school. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Just an FYI - we have a car test in Ireland (the NCT), that older cars must pass at frequent intervals (2 years for most I think), so factor that in when buying a used car. Also, depending on the seller-type (probably doesn't apply to private parties), this may be done in advance, so you're getting a car that has been NCT'd for at least the next 2 years.

For those of you familiar with the US smog test, the NCT is a far more thorough test, which checks the mechanics, tyres, road suitability etc, of the vehicle. There are many reasons a car would fail it, however, a Japanese GPS system shouldn't be cause for failure 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mcrose)
Trusted Member

Honestly the screaming Japanese woman starts to grow on you after a while lol. I have three children so I feel like I was desensitized to any and all distractions while driving some time ago.

Really the Japanese automatic was a victory in my book. A massive relief. However with driving school potentially looming on the horizon, all driving may fall to my husband in 12 months anyway.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: