Website/forum enhancements

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Give it a try whenever you're ready Kate. You can do it from the profile and activity page.
Good point ,David. I'll need to add some basic terms, if I don't already have them on the 'terms' page. My expectation is that people only upload photos that they have taken themselves.

ReplyQuote
(@dorzak)
Estimable Member

Just did a quick scan of the terms. Seem to cover it already. As a user who would upload photos I might want it mentioned that the right to use the content is not exclusive. i.e. if I upload a picture here, and upload it to say a photo contest, the upload to you is not assigning you ownership, just usage.

I am not a lawyer (or solicitor), but something to consider. I have moderated forums on both as a personal volunteer and as a job. Also with you moving, are you going to need to update the Terms so that if a dispute arises over something you don't have to fly back to Ireland to deal with it?

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Ok, I'll add that non-exlusive verbiage. That page is a template I grabbed online at some point. A CYA page basically. Number 6 does seem to cover it though. I'm not sure it would ever be needed on a small site like this, but who's to say. Thanks for the tips. Appreciate the help.

ReplyQuote
(@bbruton93)

Sounds like a good plan.

ReplyQuote
(@phance)

Absolutely. We are in the process of moving now. We purchased property in Tipperary Co., had to remove the existing house, get planning permission, and in the process of building a replacement house. Happy to do whatever.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@pmartin865)

Liam,

Yes, I think that would be a great thing. My wife is a photographer and we are in the process of moving to Ireland. We just found this site and are so excited to learn from other peoples experiences. She would love looking at other peoples pictures and finding out where they were taken and sharing her own. The info from other people about moving would be very helpful for me. There are so many things to do when you are making an international move and any suggestions or help from someone who has already been through the process is like gold to us.

Paul

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback, Paul @pmartin865 and welcome to the site. I hope we can be of some help to you and your wife.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@pmartin865)

Liam,

Do you have any suggestions on a good solicitor? We are in need of one to work with to buy a home. The one we are working with has a problem with communication and I hate to beg someone to take my money or get back to me so I am looking for another. Thanks

Paul

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Paul, sorry I don't. That's frustrating that you're having difficulty in getting a reply. You would imagine that any decent solicitor would at least have an assistant who would make sure to get back to clients.
On lawsociety.ie you can find a listing of all solicitors in Ireland. There's no ratings/reviews though, so I'm not sure if it'll help. Either way, here's the link https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/

ReplyQuote
(@phance)

We use Philip Egan in Thurles (we live in Co. Tipp) for the last five years. He has seen us through three real estate transactions, and answered various questions about taxes, immigration, trusts, and banking. He is a one-person office in a rural area of the Country but has served us well. He can't offer the same services as a large office but for us, the personal service makes a difference. If you decide to use him, feel free to use our names - Peter and Sara Hance. His number from the USA is 011-353-504-90473.

As a former attorney myself and an instructor at one law school (Yale), I have found that the differences between the law practices from the US to Ireland are fairly noticeable. There is no excuse for not returning calls but the practice is not quite as "grand" as it is in the US - and the fees reflect that level of service. As it is with most things in Europe, life is more laid-back and that is seen in services as well. Keep trying. There are good folks out there.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: