Shipping with Aer Lingus Chicago to Dublin  

RSS

Kevin Connolly
(@kevcon)
08/01/2018 8:32 pm  

Hi

I am returning to Ireland and am taking my Standard Poodle (Mister Murphy) with me. Rather I plan to ship him a few days ahead of me as I will be taking 2 flights and want him to have only 1 (ORD-DUB) so will take him to Chicago by car. I am apparently able to book directly through IAGCargo which handles all pet cargo for Aer Lingus, BA, and others but can't do so more than 2 weeks from proposed trip date. This seems to obviate the need for a Pet-Relocator that your Pets information suggests is the only way-or is IAGCargo THE Pet-Relocator in this instance? I need to buy a crate (all information is on their website including a nice video that makes pet transportation seem far more appealing than ordinary passenger seating!  https://youtu.be/MNglihD3uvc)

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to buy a large crate that will probably be used only once? Dimensions (internal) 40 ins long/30 ins high/27 ins wide.

Thanks

Kevin

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
09/01/2018 5:43 am  

Yes, Kevin, there have been positive changes for the consumer in this area. When I did my move a few years ago, it was mandated to go through a pet relocation company. Not anymore. Good news for the likes of you 🙂 

Wherever you choose to buy your crate be sure it is airline compliant. It should state that on it's labeling/packaging. You can pick one up locally in most large pet stores. Alternatively, take a look online e.g. Amazon, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there. 

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

ReplyQuote
Kevin Connolly
(@kevcon)
09/01/2018 12:15 pm  

Thanks Liam.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register