[Sticky] Introduce yourself here  

Page 15 / 15 Prev
  RSS

Ashley
21/11/2017 12:37 am  

Hi Liam! Thank you! And yes, I would be happy to share my experience with the Critical Skills Visa. Is there a particular part of the forum that would be best?

My company bundled all the necessary paperwork and the application together today and sent it off to the government, so now it's just a waiting game! 

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
Prominent Member Admin
21/11/2017 3:55 am  

That'd be cool, Ashley. Just click the 'Add Topic' button on this page, whenever you're ready.  It doesn't save drafts, so if you type more than a few paragraphs, it can be best to do it offline, and then paste it in 🙂

Best of luck with the application. I hope it goes super-smooth.

Edited: 4 weeks  ago

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

Ashley liked
ReplyQuote
Sprockets
26/11/2017 4:08 pm  

Hello.  My husband and I are planning to move to Ireland next year.  We are now in the US.  He is a British citizen, and I am American.  

My current question is about how to provide a landlord with a reference.  We are both retired, and we will have no reference from a past landlord because we will have sold our house.  We will have a significant amount in the bank, but I would hate to have to reveal our personal finances to a stranger.  Any advice?  

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
Prominent Member Admin
27/11/2017 11:45 pm  

Hello Sprockets

Landlords generally do ask for references before they will rent out a place to you. Some may be open to exploring other options e.g. US credit history (score), mortgage payment history, multi-month deposit, bank account statement etc. I don't think it should be necessary to show them your entire financial information. 

My advice is ask them what they will consider in lieu of references, with an explanation of your situation.

Welcome to the site

Liam

ReplyQuote
Molly Yarbrough
28/11/2017 6:57 pm  

Hello!

I am hoping to connect with people who have had an experience as a mixed-citizenship couple moving to Ireland. I am from the US and my husband is from Italy. We are hoping to relocate to Ireland next year and don’t really know where to start for visas, residency/work permits, etc. (other than inis.gov.ie which can be a bit dense). We are pretty good at navigating bureaucracy, we did all of his US immigration applications without hiring an attorney, but any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Molly

ReplyQuote

Liam
 Liam
Prominent Member Admin
01/12/2017 5:24 am  

Hi Molly,

Another US/Italian couple recently relocated to Ireland, and posted frequently here about their experience. I'd recommend checking out Kate's posts, which you can find here

Regards,

Liam

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register