Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Introduce yourself here

316 Posts
154 Users
98 Likes
49.9 K Views
(@davespeer)

@cliffjohn3 Cliff, been researching similar options here. I'm leaning towards selling up for what I can and re-buying. Between the money I might get selling, the cost of shipping, the potential for loss or damage, I'm figuring starting fresh might be worth it. 

A few stores I found that are good for price comparisons. 

B&Q (like Home Depot) https://www.diy.com/

Woodies DIY https://www.woodies.ie/

Harvey Norman (electronics etc) https://www.harveynorman.ie/

Argos (Amazon-ish) https://www.argos.ie/

Hope this helps. 

ReplyQuote
(@ullasteprua)

@kinofcoolamber I am a project manager and UX designer that specifically works  with financial institutions- highly regulated businesses are my home turf. I haven’t found any good resources yet- I feel that this idea of the borderless professional needs to grow into itself a bit outside of the EU. 

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ullasteprua

highly regulated businesses are my home turf

Lots of medical device and pharmaceutical industry in Ireland. Highly regulated also, but not sure how your experience would relate. 

Citco also pop in to mind. They are a financial services company https://www.citco.com/our-expertise/services/banking-and-financial-products/

ReplyQuote
(@mddbrady1)

I am so excited to have found this site!  It looks like a one-stop-shop for planning our move to Ireland.

My husband and I are looking to retire in Ireland in the next 4 years. We would be moving from Florida but plan to keep a small place here for vacationing and visiting our kids.

I'm a planner, so I wanted to get a jump on what we needed to do to make this a reality. Stephen and I try to travel to Ireland every other year (COVID killed this year's plans, but hopefully we will be there in June 2021), so we've nailed down a couple of places we might like to make our next home; Kerry, Cork, or Wicklow are our top choices.  I spend every Saturday morning searching myhome.ie and have found prices of homes in Cork to be similar to where we live now, but the lure of a Kerry coastal home and the mountains of Wicklow make the choice more difficult.  We have actually discussed finding a rental and staying a month in the areas we are considering.

I look forward to following the journeys of the others on here who will be making this move soon and hope to learn from their experiences...what an adventure!  Good luck to all!

Melissa

ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

Hi everyone!

I'm John from Minneapolis, MN and I'll be retiring from work next spring 2021 and hoping to move to Ireland in Fall 2021! This looks to be a great resource as I have lots of questions about the Stamp 0 process. I've started a little digging but it just adds to my list of questions!! I've been to Ireland many times in the past and I'm interested in possibly living in County Donegal or Connemara region of County Galway. I look forward to learning more and appreciate any guidance or words of wisdom along the way!!

Thank you!!

John

This post was modified 3 years ago by JOHN HOGAN

ReplyQuote
(@archermay)

@countydonegal my husband and I are on a similar quest! Any stamp 0 info would be greatly appreciated - especially in the vein of cost for application services!

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Melissa, John, Archer - welcome all. It's great to have you here. Looking forward to chatting and helping out where possible, as your move starts to take shape. 

@mddbrady1

@countydonegal

@archermay

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Hello again, John.

I moved to Co. Kerry a year and a half ago.  This community forum was invaluable in helping me with the application process and understanding resources.  Since settling in I’ve actually be friends with a couple who were going through the process at the same time, and live nearby - which is relative here!

I will tell you that I started ticking through the requirements a few months beamy planned departure from the  process really seems quite easy when tackled step by step.

I see you are ready looking for an accountant. I have a spreadsheet that I’ve used for the app and re-app, if you’re interested.  As for accountants paid €500 first year, €100 the second - so it varies gre.

Good luck!! 

Melissa Brady, JOHN HOGAN, Melissa Brady and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

@jaconaty1

Hi again, Jeanine!

Yes, any willingness to share your spreadsheet template would be greatly appreciated!

I've reached out to a few of the accountants that have been mentioned in previous threads just asking for an overview of their service and costs. If I hear back, I can always post the info on this site in case others may be interested.

Just curious, where in the US did you move from and what drew you to Co Kerry to reside in?

One final question, the INIS website recommends providing proof of income for 6 months, so did you follow that guideline? I'm a little unsure about timing and selling my house, etc.  So, if I retire in March 2021, then I should wait until Sept 2021 to show 6 months of my income during retirement (know that it must equate to matching the annual 50,000 euro min requirement).  Am I understanding the requirements correctly?

Thank you again for your assistance!!!

John

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Jeanine

Thanks, as always, for being so willing to chime in and help others out with the info you have. Greatly appreciated

John  @countydonegal , Jeanine might have another spreadsheet, but another member here was kind enough to share a spreadsheet also. You can find it here . Thank you to @lindarosewood 

Melissa Brady, JOHN HOGAN, Melissa Brady and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 27 / 32
Share: