Short term car lease?  

RSS

Tanya Brody
(@harpchic42)
05/06/2018 5:40 am  

Hi all,

I'm expecting to be in Ireland for about 3 months and I do want the flexibility of being able to drive around, even if I am located in a city or town. Does anyone know of a dealership or company that does a short-term car lease? I looked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car and they wanted over €700 per month. I was hoping to find something cheaper. 

Unfortunately, the places I'm looking at living don't have a Go-Car service nearby.

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
06/06/2018 6:42 pm  

Hi Tanya,

I personally can't give you a recommendation as I've never leased a car for that long. Based on normal rental costs, the number you said above seems ok to me, but I know it's a lot of money. Does that include insurance? I'm guessing if it does, it's basic, and not full coverage. Insurance in Ireland on rentals is not cheap!

I hear good things about dan dooley rental. No affiliation, just positive reviews etc. They do have a long term rental inquiry form if you're interested. 

Maybe renting on an as-needed basis might be a better option, e.g. if you're looking to get out sightseeing for a weekend here and there. Depending on where you are, public transport might suit most your needs.

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

**Filing US Taxes from abroad? Info & discount here**

ReplyQuote
Tanya Brody
(@harpchic42)
12/06/2018 4:58 am  

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the response.

Dooley Car Rental was the one that referred me to Enterprise. Unfortunately, I don't know if the rental came with insurance, the quote didn't say and I appear to have deleted it.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going to be yet. I hope there will be a short-term rental option available nearby. We'll see.

Cheers,
Tanya

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register