Notifications
Clear all

Desperately seeking guidance....=)

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@sarahanddoug)
Topic starter  

Hello! My name is Sarah. I live in the United States. I am looking to move to Ireland this summer. My love lives in Northern Ireland, Derry, to be exact. I am facing numerous walls when trying to obtain a visa to permit my daughter and me to move there so that we can be with him and he and I can marry. I am hoping to be able to find guidance and advice here. I have applied for numerous jobs but no one wants to sponsor my work visa. We are not sure which direction to take. My heart is longing to be there. Thank you in advance!

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Sarah,

You are quite welcome to discuss issues related to moving to Northern Ireland, but almost all of the content on this site is directed at people moving to the Republic of Ireland. 

I'd imagine it's a similar situation in NI with finding jobs that will sponsor non-EEA. It is not an easy thing to do in the ROI. Are you employed in the US? Do they have an Irish office?

Liam 

ReplyQuote
(@lindarosewood)
Eminent Member

Are you able to get married first, and then move? The immigration rules may be different for family unification. 

ReplyQuote
(@sarahanddoug)
Topic starter  

Thank you for the response! My job doesn't have an office in Ireland, unfortunately. We are considering republic and NI both. Which would be easiest? 

ReplyQuote
(@sarahanddoug)
Topic starter  

Thank you for the response! My job doesn't have an office in Ireland, unfortunately. We are considering republic and NI both. Which would be easiest? 

ReplyQuote
Share: