Permission to Remain in Ireland as the spouse of an Irish National  

Page 10 / 10 Prev
  RSS

Jackie Cowen
26/05/2017 7:46 pm  

Hey all. 

Thanks for so much great information on this site! 

I'm an American and about to marry my fiance, and we'd like to move to Ireland to be close to his mother. He was born in Northern Ireland, so should be 'officially' an Irish citizen as far as I understand, but only has his UK passport. 

So, my big question is, would this change anything (particularly with the whole Brexit thing) as far as our ability to get me a stamp 4, or whatever might be needed as far as getting residency? 

ReplyQuote
Antonio Rodriguez
28/05/2017 8:48 pm  

Hello all.

I urgently need information about my situation.

I am a Venezuelan citizen (Male) married to my partner which is an Irish citizen (Female) since February 2017. When I enter the country under a marriage visa we had a date for our ceremony which then was postponed due to a family emergency. After we asked for a new date there wasn't anything available inside the time length of my visa but I couldn't leave ireland to apply for a new visa and return for.the ceremony as we couldn't afford it. So we went ahead with our ceremony with my visa out of date. Now I would like to apply for permission to reside in the country (stamp 4) or register with the garda as I am undocumented at the moment. 

I would like any advise that you can give me related to my situation. 

Thank you.

Antonio

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
Reputable Member Admin
01/06/2017 4:53 am  

Antonio, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. In your case I really don't think you should rely on information you will find online. This website is primarily to help people plan ahead of time, and not solve emergency situations. You probably need to consult with an immigration professional as soon as possible. I wish you the best. Liam

ReplyQuote
Kim Pretorius
30/06/2017 7:53 am  

Hi Ronnie,

Im also South African, as of course is my family, but we will be traveling there with me on my Irish passport, husband and 2 kids on South African passports.

What i wanted to ask is, did your wife ever live and work in Ireland before you moved there? And when you went to register did you automatically get your stamp 4 that day that allowed you to work or did she have to show that she could support you?

What about private medical insurance and all that?  

We will also be traveling there with two minor children. Do they have to be registered too? and if so do you perhaps know what stamp they would have to get to be able to go to school and so forth?

Let me know please of any hiccups you might have had going through customs and getting permission to work there ASAP.

Hoping you can help and thanks in advance 🙂

ReplyQuote
Tara Kelly
08/08/2017 11:52 pm  

Hi Mairead, 

I noticed that you wrote this post a while ago, but I'm interested in how you got on, because I'm now in the same situation. Was the process smooth for you? Also; how were you able to provide evidence of a joint address? I thought that in order to open a bank account, you have to be a resident in Ireland. Sorry for so many questions. Would really appreciate any info/experience you've had. 

Tara

ReplyQuote

Liam
 Liam
Reputable Member Admin
10/08/2017 11:37 pm  

Hi Tara,

I'll leave Mairead get back to you if shes still active on here, but I can answer the banking question for you for now.

Up until recently the banking requirements have been very restrictive. An address in Ireland was required. BOI have now made that part of the move process a little easier. Check out this post

Regards,

Liam

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register