Mortgage application in Ireland while resident overseas

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm getting lots of inquiries from overseas readers who are trying to secure a mortgage in Ireland. Many are looking to purchase a buy-to-rent (buy-to-let) property as an investment, with the intent of possibly moving to Ireland some day and living in it. Other's want to line up a house/mortgage for immediate move-in. I have had other people contact me saying they are looking for a relatively small loan, but just can't get one. Some can't even get the banks to reply to their emails, or take them seriously.

This week I've contacted 5 Irish banks, and am waiting on replies to my request for information. Apparently, they don't share very much online (if anything at all really) for overseas buyers. I'll let you know what I find out...

In the meantime, if any of you have gone through the mortgage application from overseas, I'd love to hear from you. Let us know what you experienced. I did write an article a while back on the mortgage application process in Ireland, but it was more from the perspective of someone living in Ireland. You can read that here if you're interested.

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I provided an update to this in the form of a blog post. you can read it here:
Challenges facing remote Irish mortgage hunters

ReplyQuote
Share: