Notifications
Clear all

Snowbirds

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@mddbrady1)
Topic starter  

Here in Florida, we call Canadians who live here in the winter months, "snowbirds." ?

When my husband and I retire we would like to live between Ireland and the States in the same way our Canadian friends do.  Is there an issue with us having a Stamp 0 permission and spending 6 months in Ireland and 6 months in the States?

Melissa

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

People have asked this in the past, and unfortunately there is no real definitive guidance. However, the visa is intended for people looking to reside in Ireland. For various other purposes (e.g. taxation) that's considered to be more than half the year (183+). I don't know if that's used for Stamp 0 or not. 

Would it be 6 months consecutive? I ask because plenty of people travel back and forth for multiple weeks at a time, with no issues. 

Irish snowbirds typically head to Spain. Possibly another consideration? ? 

ReplyQuote
(@mddbrady1)
Topic starter  

@moveclubadmin 

Thank you, Liam.

We intend to spend the warmer months in Ireland and colder months in Florida....all consecutive months.

We still have some time to get this all sorted, but I really appreciate you taking the time to assist!

Melissa

Liam and Liam reacted
ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

@mddbrady1

Wise choice ?  Irish winters are pretty bleak. Florida sounds far cozier that time of year. 

ReplyQuote
Share: