Clear all

Update on currency transfer services

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lindarosewood)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I looked into CurrencyFair, which advertises on Ireland Move Club, and is a service that Liam recommended last year. I don't remember why, but it didn't work for me when I tried it a few months ago. 

Recently, I tried a new service called TransferWise. It is similar to how CurrencyFair works, in that you transfer the money to them, and they send it onto your Irish bank account. But all the signups and transfers happen through an app on my iphone. I am even able to login to my bank via the app so the transfer from my bank's point of view is that I am sending a payment online. The transfer rate is about 3-4% better than what the bank gives me, and the fee is $10 rather than $35 from my bank. I'm happy with it. Convenient, cheap, secure.

If you want to try it out, if you use this link, you will get a discount, and if enough of you use it, I'll get €60. New IMC link to TransferWise.

Liam, if you want to try it out and like it, I'd rather you post an affiliate link, so that you get the money.   Let me know what you think of it. 

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Linda,

Just to clarify, CF do not directly advertise here, but I do recommend them as a great currency transfer service. The problem that you probably ran into, is that at present they cannot accept signups from residents of the United States. You need to be living in Ireland, and provide proof of such, before your account is approved. Often, people want to transfer their money ahead of time, so Currency Fair does not work for them.

I too have tried out TransferWise recently, and have signed up to recommend their service here as a partner. Like you noted, I too was happy with the service. It is far cheaper than going the traditional method of bank-to-bank transfer, and is very easy to use. Thank you for your offer to update your link. I will get around to shortly. 

Liam 

ReplyQuote
(@lindarosewood)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Is there a currency transfer that advertises? Because I'd like to support Ireland Move Club. (Thanks for updating the link above)

Linda

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Linda, that's very kind of you. If you sign up for CurrencyFair using this link, and complete a transaction using their service, then IMC does benefit from that. It really is a great service, and now that you have an address in Ireland, you shouldn't have a problem registering with them.

ReplyQuote
Share: