Notifications
Clear all

90 Day Period

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@laneiger)
Topic starter  

Can a US citizen during the 90 period leave Ireland and re-enter? 

Also, if one stays 90 days, when can a US citizen re-enter Ireland? Six months? A Year? 

I cannot find a clear answer to these questions anywhere. The EU rules (which Ireland is not a part of for this) are very clear. There are even apps.

But the Ireland rules??? 

I am currently in Ireland, and I love it here. I am seriously considering moving, but want to find a place that suits by visiting for extended stays. That said, I want to follow the rules. 

Thank You. 

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Lori

Regarding your second question, it is up to the discretion of the immigration officer when you enter the country. You are allowed to visit Ireland more than once/year, but if they see something suspicious, then they might question the person.

ReplyQuote
(@laneiger)
Topic starter  

Thanks. 

So basically one can get turned around when flying into Ireland. 

That has always been my fear... when I come, I stay and do not try any quick turn arounds. 

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Well, as a visitor to any country you could be turned around. Now for that to happen, there generally has to be something wrong, or for something to at least to appear wrong to the immigration agent. I wouldn't say it's common by any stretch. Coming for a short period, and coming back again (unless it happens numerous times) wouldn't be suspicious. At least in my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
Share: