Bringing adult dependent to live in Ireland  

RSS

Nan D
(@mom)
25/10/2017 5:38 pm  

If an Irish citizen abroad has an adult dependent child (over 23), is there any mechanism available to them to bring said dependent with them if they move to Ireland to live? I am aware that minor children and spouses/partners can be brought in, but I am finding nothing about this other situation. Said family has no other close relatives, so if the dependent cannot be brought into the country on a permanent basis, the citizen cannot, basically, "go home" without destroying the family unit. Thanks for any info you might have

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
26/10/2017 6:27 am  

Nan, It is possible in some cases to bring an adult dependent child to Ireland, however it may not apply to you.

I haven't read through the entire non-EEA family reunification policy document, but I suggest you do so. You can find it here (PDF file).

The part that I am referring to above states: "A person aged over 18 years of age would be permitted to apply where he/she is dependant on the care of the parent sponsor, directly or indirectly, due to a serious medical or psychological problem which makes independent life in the home country impossible."

Best wishes

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

ReplyQuote
Share: