Notifications
Clear all

Bringing adult dependent to live in Ireland

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mom)
Topic starter  

If an Irish citizen abroad has an adult dependent child (over 23), is there any mechanism available to them to bring said dependent with them if they move to Ireland to live? I am aware that minor children and spouses/partners can be brought in, but I am finding nothing about this other situation. Said family has no other close relatives, so if the dependent cannot be brought into the country on a permanent basis, the citizen cannot, basically, "go home" without destroying the family unit. Thanks for any info you might have

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Nan, It is possible in some cases to bring an adult dependent child to Ireland, however it may not apply to you.

I haven't read through the entire non-EEA family reunification policy document, but I suggest you do so. You can find it here (PDF file).

The part that I am referring to above states: "A person aged over 18 years of age would be permitted to apply where he/she is dependant on the care of the parent sponsor, directly or indirectly, due to a serious medical or psychological problem which makes independent life in the home country impossible."

Best wishes

ReplyQuote
Share: