Permission to Remain in Ireland as the spouse of an Irish National  

Page 14 / 14 Prev
  RSS

Mairead
(@mairead)
18/04/2018 9:36 pm  

My husband got his Stamp 4 stamp in his passport on the first visit to the Garda station (Wicklow Town). They rang a couple of weeks later to come collect the card, but no more stamping needed. That was nearly two years ago; maybe the procedure has changed.

ReplyQuote
John Burke
(@johnb0802)
19/04/2018 12:23 pm  

Hello All

This forum has been beyond helpful cannot thank you all enough for your useful information! So glad I stumbled upon it somehow. 

Anyway I'm an Irish citizen and my wife is a US citizen and will be moving to Ireland soon! Flying in with her! What I wanted to ask was can anyone let me know exactly what they ask for when you arrive at the airport and head through Irish customs? Like what paperwork, if for proof of funds, photos etc. I know you're supposed to let them know the intention of wanting to stay and receive the stamp 4 so any info would be greatly appreciated. Want to be very prepared. Thanks a mill. 

ReplyQuote
Kristin Rogers
(@kristininseattle)
19/04/2018 6:18 pm  

My understanding (just doing research for myself in advance of the same situation) is that you tell them at customs you intend to stay, but all of the residence approval stuff  (with paperwork, proof of residence, etc) happens later - at the immigration office. 

From what I can tell, you basically have to move there before they will officially approve you to move there.

Look forward to hearing what others have experienced...

ReplyQuote
Martha N.
(@martha)
24/04/2018 10:18 pm  

Hi Charlene!

How did you get on with this? I suspect that your question relates to a similar issue I am currently researching too. If I understand correctly, yourself and your partner have EU rights in Malta, and are looking to move to Ireland with the same rights? if this is the case, Liam started a new thread on this, and I'd be happy if you could please share any tips on there.

Thaks

Martha

Edited: 5 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Amy
 Amy
(@amy)
05/09/2018 6:44 pm  

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be moving to Ireland in a few weeks. We plan to stay at an Airbnb for a while until we get set up in Dublin. We have an appointment for INIS registration soon after we arrive. My question is: how can we show evidence of our joint address if we are staying at an Airbnb? Would a letter from the owner of the property stating that we are staying there for a month be enough? Or would we have to find permanent accommodation before attending the appointment?

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated!

ReplyQuote

Page 14 / 14 Prev
Share: