Self-Supporting: fi...

Notifications
Clear all

Self-Supporting: financial requirements. Accountant research.

18 Posts
8 Users
6 Likes
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Thank you so much for this update Linda. It is really helpful. That's 2 good recommendations we have for accountants in Cork.

Thanks too for the spreadsheet. I just took a look. very detailed, and useful. 

ReplyQuote
(@seangarr)

@lindarosewood - this is a great post!  Really appreciate it you sharing your experience.

I'm very curious if you listed any 401k amounts on your financial documentation? 

Was Mr. O'Brien familiar with how the INIS would view/use the data or was he simply validating the numbers you provided?

Thanks again!

John

ReplyQuote
(@lindarosewood)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

yes, we did list those accounts as our assets. We included a page from the plan description that said that the money could be withdrawn. Per our immigration solicitor, we did not need to describe any withdrawal penalties, just that it was our money, and it could be withdrawn if needed. 

Sean Garr and Sean Garr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lindarosewood)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Mr. O'Brien had prepared these letters before. He said that interpretation of the letter and the documentation varies with the person who reviews the application. So he said that he would continue to help us if there were any question by Immigration regarding our finances. 

His main job, though, is validating our numbers. 

Sean Garr and Sean Garr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seangarr)

@lindarosewood- again, wow!  Thanks for a very helpful post.  Helps me with my planning a great deal.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would be QUITE interested if you could open another discussing your experience with your immigration solicitor - to let everyone know how he/she is helping and the kinds of things we should be looking for if we decide to engage one as well.

Thanks again - you're awesome!

ReplyQuote
(@andrewz)

Dear Linda,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I just learnt of this stamp 0 visa after arriving in Dublin last week. (since i'm from a visa-exempt country). I am hoping to stay for around half a year until my wife completes her masters here.

Do you have any contacts of accountants based in Dublin? And from your experience, how long does the application take?

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@marianne)

@moveclubadmin

Hi

Would appreciate any referral on an accountant who can do the certification of my financials for a Stamp 0 application?

Regards

Marianne

ReplyQuote
Emmie
(@emmiebrier)

@marianne

Hi Marianne,

I used Jim O'Donovan of Donovan Lavin. He took about 10 days from my first email to provide the documents and charged 492euro (total after VAT). He was kind enough to help advise me on whether my short stay visa could be extended until I receive my Stamp 0 visa. I'd recommend him to others!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: