Transferring funds from USA  

RSS

Declan Henn
(@declanhenn)
22/02/2018 4:13 pm  

Any experience with transferring funds from USA while living in Ireland? I have moved to Ireland and basically need to periodically move savings from US to my Irish bank account. My American bank (Wells Fargo) tells me I need to visit their branch to initiate a wire transfer which is hardly convenient. Does anybody have experience or ideas on this? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
03/03/2018 5:33 am  

Hi Declan,

Apologies for the late response - been out of action for a few days...

I've used CurrencyFair a number of times with great success. It's fast, easy and cheap, and you will not need to go to any bank to perform the transaction. There are other options out there too, but for periodical exchanges I highly recommend them.

Cheers

Liam

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

ReplyQuote
Susan Latham
(@susan_l)
07/04/2018 11:51 pm  

Similar to CurrencyFair, I use Transferwise.  Very convenient and fees are less than the banks'.  I have also used it to send money/make payments to vendors in Ireland, with no problems.    

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
11/04/2018 5:57 am  

Yeah, I too have used TransferWise.

Also, for large transactions e.g. house buying funds, I have a personal contact that I refer people to. He will help you get the best rate, and offer a personalized currency exchange service. If you want he's details please email me.

Check out my brand new Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

ReplyQuote
Share: