Am I crazy to bring...

Notifications
Clear all

Am I crazy to bring a digital TV to Ireland?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@elly)
Topic starter  

(@elly)
Topic starter  

Hi all,

We are moving from USA to Ireland end of May. We are considering bringing our current digital TV (100-240 volts so should be fine in this regard and I believe because it is digital that PAL/NTSC not an issue). But I cannot find out if there will be problems with connecting to TV services - will audio be ok? - will it connect ok to a satellite provider or to Saorview? We are bringing our Roku which works in a limited capacity in Ireland (used it last Summer on vacation) so we will have some access to programming. But are we crazy? Are there lots of issues that we are unaware of - has anyone tried this? The TV is only a few months old and we are sending over a container anyway so if I can bring it I would like to!

Thanks!

Elaine

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Elaine,

we've discussed this in the past here, and I remember it was nothing but trouble really.  If you want to use the TV for programming etc. it will most likely have problems. However from what I recall if you want to use it for DVDs only it would probably work for that.  I will try to track down the information that we had before and post the link here to it.

welcome to the site 🙂 

Liam

ReplyQuote
(@elly)
Topic starter  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: