Cost of living: Ire...

Notifications
Clear all

Cost of living: Ireland versus [your city/state/country]

15 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@stretchza)

with the crappy internet we get in South Africa....even what you consider poor would be significantly better! to give you an idea...I am currently on a 2mb connection!!

the website does give you a "how it works" section http://www.misc.ie/How_it_works

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

@stretchza Thanks for the link, Andrew. It certainly looks interesting.

How would South Africa compare? Would it be anywhere near the number of 57K if you converted local currency to Euro?

ReplyQuote
(@stretchza)

@moveclubadmin My equivalent is in local currency converted is about 45k and at that level what you get for your money would be significantly more - 4 bedroom house with yard and swimming pool, 2 cars..private medical..private schooling etc....but in reality with only 5% of the population paying taxes that is a very skewed view of cost of living here. Average household income is the equivalent of 6.5k directly converted in reality

ReplyQuote
(@tony2phones)
Eminent Member

My step brother is a very rich man and has homes in UK (2) and a Villa in SA. Of course he pays more a month in security for that than I spend on food. I tell him I'm happier to be poor and able walk alone anywhere in a 200 mile radius than be confined to 2 acres of luxury behind a 12ft wall.

I know not everyone lives like that but it's an extreem demonstration of equating cost of living and quality of life (in all its facets) when considering making a big move?

ReplyQuote
(@stretchza)

Agree completely with you @tony2phones

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: