Clear all

Stamp 0 person of independent means questions

140 Posts
23 Users
30 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Or they could allow Dublin residents to registration at another location!  I have TN attempted to schedule an appointment yet, perhaps the other locations are also lacking appointment times.

ReplyQuote
(@kevincallaghan)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Jeanine C

Response from Unit 2 Residence Division was very prompt, within 30 minutes!

Following are my 3 questions and responses.

1. Does the application need to be submitted to the Dublin INIS office in-person, or can it be mailed from within Ireland?

The application can be submitted to this division via registered post.

2. Must the applicant remain in Ireland while awaiting the decision?

No, the applicant is not required to remain in the State while the application is pending.  However, please note, entry and re-entry to the State is a matter for the immigration Control Officer at the port of entry.  Just because an applicant has an application pending does not give them an automatic right to re-enter the State.  Please note, a condition of residing in the State on Stamp 0 conditions is that you reside continuously in the State.

3.  Must the applicant have a mailing address in Ireland for submission? Without approval it seems counterintuitive to secure an address.

This division should be informed of a change in the applicant’s circumstances including a change of address.  The applicant’s address does not have to be an Irish address while the application is pending.

I hope this helps others.

May I ask, what is meant by "a condition of residing in the State on Stamp 0 conditions is that you reside continuously in the State"?  Is this referring to the number of days a stamp 0 holder must spend in Ireland each year?

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

This was a previous response from Unit 2:

Dear Jeanine,

I acknowledge receipt of your email, the contents have been noted. If you
are to reside in the State on Stamp 0 conditions, you must reside
continuously in the State.

Continuous residency means living in the State for the period covered by
this temporary and limited permission, allowing for reasonable periods of
absence from the State for holidays, exceptional family circumstances or
commitments outside the State arising from business or employment carried
on within the State.

Regards,

ReplyQuote
 Rose
(@rose)

Continuous living in the State is the condition and also the reason to apply.  But you can still leave the country at your own wish and they cannot stop you.

ReplyQuote
 Rose
(@rose)

INIS returned my passport today with a stamp 0 on it.  There is a letter that I have to bring to GNIB registration.

I am thinking to secure a GNIB online appointment before moving to Ireland, but it may take few months.  Not sure if it is allowed??

Another uncertain issue.

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Congratulations Rose!

Good luck with the GNIB appointment.  

I expect to be submitting my application next week.  If I learn of anything that might help you during the process I will let you know

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

Hi Rose 

Fantastic to hear about your success in applying and gaining approval for Stamp 0 from Canada.  We would also like to apply from without being in Ireland and without using an accountant.  Any chance you’d be willing to share the blank spreadsheet or other document you used for income?

ReplyQuote
 Rose
(@rose)

Hi John,

I didn't prepare any spreadsheet.  I just submitted the Ulster Bank statement which has over Euro 120,000 in my current account, and Canada income from government. 

I was trying to use an accountant, but he said I have PSC, Ulster bank account, Irish driver license etc. he didn't see any reason to hire an accountant, unless INIS declined my application on another reason.

Hope it helps!

This post was modified 5 years ago by Rose

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

Thank you.  We’ll give it a try since it would greatly simplify.  We have income from the US government so I have that same situation as yours.  Did you provide  your annuity/pension statement?  Next question, do they need to notarized? 

ReplyQuote
(@moksha09)

We received our passports by return mail with the Stamp O in them, and the letter telling us to make all haste to register at our nearest Garda station.
We quickly discovered that the only Garda station we could register at, though there are several closer, is in Cork city, as they are the only ones in our area who have an immigration desk. 
We went, and gave them our information. They asked that we have proof of our address, which was the only thing besides our passport, proof of insurance with private hospital coverage, and the letter, that they needed. They took all our info and said we had about another month before the the deadline for being fully registered with proof of address. 
So, we also asked about the whole continuous living thing. We told them we have classes on the weekend every other month or so in different countries, and were planning on meeting family in France, and returning to the US for a wedding. They said you can come and go as you like, none of those things were a problem. I plan to ask them if we could live here 6 months of the year when we return with our address. 
I plan on making a post to share our moving experience, I just saw this first and wanted to share what info I had. 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 14
Share: