Stamp 0 person of independent means questions

140 Posts
23 Users
30 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Congratulations, again!

I submitted my application last Friday.  I then received a letter requesting a copy of my birth certificate on Wednesday!  I was shocked at the speed of delivery and response.

Additional information was submitted the same dat.  I’m now awaiting a response.

i will keep all posted.

I will be very interested in you follow up in time in country and away!!

ReplyQuote
 Rose
(@rose)

Hello Molly,

Did they keep your passport?  I heard someone can get the passport back by end of the day, and someone has to leave the passport at GNIB.

I need the passport to travel and can't afford to leave my passport at the center for a month.

Thank you very much.

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Molly,

ive not yet received my letter to present tor the Garda.  I understand the passport will be required at this stage of the process.  I’ve not heard of any experiences on this step.

Jeanine

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Molly,

Thank you for posting this, it is very helpful!

INIS is sending mail to my Irish address, or at least they sent the request for additional documentation to my Irish address. (They requested a copy of my birth certificate). I might suspect their own INIS letter could provide proof of address.  A bank statement and health insurance with the same address will be available.

Thanks again for keeping us informed!

ReplyQuote
(@jkellysf)

Hi Molly,

New members John & Paige Kelly here...  We are staying at my brother's home of twenty years in Co. Kerry and are on the verge of submitting our Stamp 0 application.   I was somewhat surprised by the Birth Certificate request as it was mentioned nowhere in the information requested; good to know.

Question:  We were going to submit only a copy of our passports, can you confirm they required the actual passport with the submission?

Many thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Welcome John and Paige.  I submitted only a full copy of my passport, and no request came for the actual passport.  I received a letter yesterday from INIS confirming receipt of my packet.

That said, Molly may share her experience with obtaining the actual stamp.  For this I understand your passport will be required as this is where they will put the stamp.  I intend to go to Limerick or Cork Garda Station should I be granted approval.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@jkellysf)

Thank you Jeanine for your quick reply!   We used the Killarney Garda station and have met with their immigration officer Patricia Crowley twice leading up to our submission.   She has been very helpful.

Good luck to all

John Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@jkellysf)

One last question (for now)... given the limited nature of the Stamp 0 permission to remain language should we say we are looking to retire in Ireland as a "Reason for Request"?

ReplyQuote
(@laneiger)

Thought I could comment on some of this thread - 

I submitted my application on May 30 via registered post. Got a response that they received it on June 4. This letter included a personal number and application number. 

I did see someone saying they put their birth certificate in their package. I did not; but I have a copy if I need to provide that later. 

I used a local accountant and was not very pleased with the letter he gave me to submit with my application, but decided to use it as it was costly to obtain and one should submit the application as soon as they arrive. Hopefully, it is enough for approval. The letter only outlined my funds available. I had prepared a spreadsheet for certification - but he decided this was unnecessary. He had communications with INIS. (I did submit my spreadsheet with all the supporting documents - converted in Euros - it is just not certified by the accountant).

There are several apps that allow one to look for an appointment to register in Dublin. There is a facebook group whereby you can ask the owner to pay for an appointment. The very clever google/facebook engineers have developed bots to take all the appointments in Dublin and sell them.

There is also a chrome extension - that works very well - and does not request payment. It pulls appointments as they appear. Currently, there are appointments in Dublin for August 1. I plan on booking an appointment prior to getting my approval letter to secure this date prior to the 90days. I can cancel if I do not receive the approval in time. 

Reason for Request - I wrote all the reasons I love Ireland as well as the reasons I choose the village to live in. 

I have just gotten sale agreed on a property. 

I see the INIS website gives tracking dates for review of visa applications, but this does not seem to include stamp 0. I plan to contact them at the eight week mark for status. 

ReplyQuote
 Rose
(@rose)

Hello, just wanted to update about my status.  I completed registration at INIS and received GNIB card last week.  Just 1 week after the registration, but spent almost 3 hours at there.

The interesting thing is they used my old photo back in 2008 on the card!

Anyways, close the file for now.  Not sure if I will renew next year.  Good luck to all of you!

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 14
Share: