Clear all

Stamp 0 person of independent means questions

140 Posts
23 Users
30 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Congratulations Molly! Great information.  Thank you for sharing!

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Hi John.  Are you remaining in Co. Kerry for awhile?

ReplyQuote
(@jkellysf)

Good morning Jeanine,

Yes, Paige and I received our Stamp 0 approval on the 28th of June! We’re over the moon about the opportunity to remain in the country.  And you...?

John Kelly 

083-436 6091

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Congratulations John and Paige!  Looking back at these communications it appears that you applied the end of May!  Is this correct?  And you received your approval letter a month later ‽. That is fantastic!

I will call you later.  I am in Killarney.

ReplyQuote
(@jkellysf)

Yes, 29 days from submission!

Happy to chat with you.  I’m home this morning. 

John

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

We submitted our package for the Stamp 0 visa on August 20 and received a letter form INIS today at our US address.  I can confirm a couple of items of interest/confusion from past posts for the benefit of those thinking of applying.

We applied from the US   Obviously it worked based on the letter we received.

We provided our US health insurance brochure describing the worldwide hospital and urgent care coverage.  That also seemed to be satisfactory.

We did submit our pension income certified by the US govt - thinking that the success by the blogger from Canada who did not use an Irish accountant but was approved anyway might also work for us - but that didn’t work. 

From the letter we received, the accountant certification is all we need.   If anyone has a referral for an accountant that was in the reasonable range, please share.  

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

I have received my Stamp 0 approval!  

First, thank you, Liam, for providing this forum.  It was a great resource during this process.  And I appreciate your support and feedback.

I’ve posted here a couple of times throughout this process, so I won’t do a full review of the experiences.   As I was approaching my 90 day mark, and still awaiting a response from INIS, I found it necessary to submit a change of address.  Coincidentally perhaps, the day I submitted my change of address via email the approval letter was issued!  

I promptly mailed my passport via registered mail (including a self-addressed, postage paid return registered mail envelope) and received it back within a week.  

I then went to the Killarney Garda Station for the final step with the immigration officer; this too was seamless.  Because of information from this forum, I took along proof of address, proof of insurance, the letter from INIS and my newly stamped passport.  3 weeks later I picked up my GNIB card at the immigration office at the Killarney Garda Station.

Just want to close out on my experience, and to thank Liam, and all who assisted me in this process.

Happy to try to help anyone applying if I can.  

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

@jaconaty1

Congratulations Jeanine, and thank you for your kind words. I'm so happy to hear that this site has benefited you. 

For those of you looking to find Jeanine's other posts, which may be useful to you, click here

ReplyQuote
(@evans)

@jaconaty1

Were you able to do application or registration through an office in Cork or anywhere outside of Dublin?

ReplyQuote
(@gummball99)

I had some disturbing news the other day.   I was researching ex-pat health insurance and decided that my best option was to get minimum coverage for while in Ireland and return to the US to use my Medicare coverage on a 6 mo to 1 year cycle.  I asked in a FB group if anyone had done this under the Stamp 0 visa.   I was informed that altho it is not mentioned anywhere on the immigration  site, when receiving the Stamp 0 acceptance letter it spells out that you can not leave Ireland for more than 10 days in the 12 month period.   I was hoping to travel to EU and UK during my time there and also a two week trip for Medical appointments.  If I have the Stamp 0, I will be pretty much stuck in Ireland for the year, this is not acceptable and would like to clarify this limitation if it is true.  

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 14
Share: