140 Posts
23 Users
30 Likes
22.8 K Views
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

@gummball99

Interesting tidbit Peggy. Sounds overly restrictive. Let's see if Jeanine can help us out with first hand info. @jaconaty1 Did your approval letter say you can only be outside of Ireland for 10 days max in the year? Really appreciate it if you can offer and insight. 

ReplyQuote
(@laneiger)

The letter does not state a number of days. It says one should be continuously in Ireland.

I was out of the country for 30+ days last year and had no problem renewing in 2020. 

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

@moveclubadmin

As Lori stated, the letter does not indicate a number of days, only continuously.  I too was out of Ireland for 30+ days in 2019 and had no issue re-entering at Dublin Airport with passport with Stamp 0 and IRP/GNIB card.

I had asked INIS for clarification last year.  The email reply was basically the same - though added holiday and to attend to family needs, or similar. I believe I had posted the actual response here previously.

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

PREVIOUS POST 

Dear Jeanine,

I acknowledge receipt of your email, the contents have been noted. If you
are to reside in the State on Stamp 0 conditions, you must reside
continuously in the State.

Continuous residency means living in the State for the period covered by
this temporary and limited permission, allowing for reasonable periods of
absence from the State for holidays, exceptional family circumstances or
commitments outside the State arising from business or employment carried
on within the State.

Regards,

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

@jaconaty1

I can confirm that I received similar information that you can leave for vacations and emergencies.  No definitive number of days stated.  I do recall that there was a court case concerning an immigrant in Irish Time a year or so back concerning  what was considered continuous after he was rejected when he applied for citizenship for being out of the country for one month.  I believe the court ruled that continuous did allow for being out of the country for reasonable periods.  So I think that matches what we are getting now. 

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

@johnk

Yes, John, but that was regarding actual citizenship; if we are talking about the same case.  It seems the court then request a more definitive allowance for a citizen applicant to be out of the State.  I have a friend who has submitted her application for citizenship and counts the days/weeks that she is out of the country.  

This said, there has been no definitive number of days YET for Stamp 0.  This seems to be the case for many aspects of the residency so they can handle things on a case by case basis. IMO.

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Jeanine, John and Lori - thank you all so much for clarifying. Very helpful. 

ReplyQuote
(@jdwhalen)

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced accountant to vet the stamp 0 financials? 

ReplyQuote
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

Where are you located?  

Cork - Quintas - Dave O’Brien - but was a bit pricey 

Kerry - Kevin O’Reilly Co - very reasonable, but I needed to follow up a few times

ReplyQuote
 Pam
(@pam)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I live in Ireland and my mother is applying for a stamp 0 as a person of independent means. We have everything ready to go including finances verification from Quintas in Cork.  She is applying from a visa required country which means she can not be in Ireland when she applies. I was wondering if anyone had advice on whether or not to use an immigration solicitor in Ireland to submit the application. Is there any value in doing so? will the application process be faster and would her chances of getting approved improve ? I have everything that INIS require and its ready to go in the post to Dublin but we are hesitating because I can't help but wonder if she would be better off using a solicitor...any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you 

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 14
Share: