Clear all

Stamp 0 person of independent means questions

140 Posts
23 Users
30 Likes
23.4 K Views
(@jaconaty1)
Eminent Member

I’ve read of few who have engaged a solicitor for the Stamp 0 application process.  It is pretty straight forward.  The one item not on the INIS list that they did request of me after submission was my birth certificate.  You may consider including a copy of it; if they need an original you can follow up.  

I will be interested to see others experience or suggest here.

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

@pam

I applied and received approval from the US. So based on my experience you can be out of the country to go through the process.  It only took about two weeks. But I can’t comment on whether  a visa required country makes a difference.  

When going through my process a birth certificate was not required. I believe they require that documentation when you apply in Ireland.   Not sure that makes sense to me. 

Good luck!

Jeanine C and Jeanine C reacted
ReplyQuote
 Pam
(@pam)

@johnk

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask: when you applied from the US, did you send your papers to INIS on burgh quay in Dublin or the the Irish embassy in the States? Also how recently did you apply? I’m wondering if it’s taking longer now due to Covid etc Thanks 

ReplyQuote
 Pam
(@pam)

@jaconaty1

Thanks Jeanine, I hope they don't insist on her birth cert as she doesn't have one!! Quite common for people of her generation in India. 

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

@pam

I originally applied in 2019 and received approval in late October 2019.  We were getting our affairs in order (eg sell the house) then COVID hit and we put it off.  In August I recontacted Unit 2 at INIS and they said I needed to reapply  Same requirements, but I could just send them by email to Unit 2.  Much easier.  Not sure that is an option for the first time. Hope this helps

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)

@jaconaty1

Not sure what reasonable might be, but Quintas charges 300 euro.  I didn’t find that to be expensive, but I will say that all they all they did was take what I sent them and slap a cover letter on and offer to send it to Unit 2 directly.  So if you find a lower price that is acceptable, go for it.   You know it does cost to get professional services having been a licensed professional in a past life. 

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Just as an FYI to others, I've seen/heard anywhere between approx 200euro and 1500 for the accountancy service. Shop around 🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@godiva1)

Betsy Pierson here. My husband and I arrived in Ireland from the US the end of August with plans to apply for Stamp O visa and most of the required paperwork in hand. Got in touch with Jim O'Donavan of O'Donovan Lavin Accountants in Limerick as someone who had successfully obtained a Stamp 0 had recommended him.

He not only audited our
income and assets and
prepared a comprehen-
sive financial position
report for our initial
Stamp 0 year, but draft-
ed a cover letter for
our application and
succinctly spelled out
everything else we would
need to include in the
application.
Nice guy and quite help-
ful. From initial contact
to completed report in a
week!

I wish I'd done the accountancy review first, as his knowledge of requirements for the Stamp 0 Visa was quite reassuring.

Posted our application today.

Liam and Liam reacted
ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

@godiva1 - Sounds like you had a good experience with Jim O'Donavan of O'Donovan Lavin Accountants. Can I ask approx how much did you pay for his service?

Thank you!

John

ReplyQuote
(@godiva1)

Hi John,

The cost was 800+ and with VAT it ended up being somewhere in the vicinity of 950.

Best of luck in your planning!

Betsy

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 14
Share: