Electrical Equipmen...

Notifications
Clear all

Electrical Equipment / battery tools / Grill!!

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kcronin)
Topic starter  

Hi all,

My family and I are moving back to Ireland imminently. Last minute planning here! could some advise of the following:

- will my US grill be ok to use in Ireland? i think i heard people say that propane tank fittings are different in ireland and thus makes no sense to bring a US one back to ireland? has anyone any experience or is there any type of adaptor device to transition to Ireland?

- is there any value in bring back any type of small US electrical equipment? i know computers can be changed/dual use 110v-240v so things like that might be ok...but what about just very small kitchen electrics that might be useful (small oven / coffee machine etc etc?) - i am not talking about fridges etc etc.

- garden tools powered by battery...saws/edge clippers/shrub clippers type thing...anyone any experience of bringing those things to ireland and being able to charge them whilst there?

thanks for any advice anyone can offer..

Kieran

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Kieran,

you can get a US to Ireland power adapter. Theyre bulky and expensive, but do work for most things that need them. I used one years ago for a stereo system.  My opinion though, is it's just easier to sell/rebuy in the long term. 

Haven't had the grill question below. That's one I'll have to look into further.

This post from a while back might be useful to you  https://irelandmoveclub.com/dealing-with-electronics-and-relocation/

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Yeah, it seems like the propane connections are different from Ireland to US. It looks like converters are available, either on the BBQ itself, and/or on the tanks. It probably needs some research before forking out for shipping costs.

ReplyQuote
(@kcronin)
Topic starter  

Thanks very much for the info and the link Liam. Gratefully appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Share: