Remote work for US company

Page 3 / 3

Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin

@gailardia

From here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/registration-eutreaty

"Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen allows you to join your EU/EEA or Swiss family member if they live in Ireland."

ReplyQuote
Francis Jackson
(@gailardia)
Member Gold supporter

@moveclubadmin

Those 90 days are more than enough if I am allowed to work there without having to go through an employment permit. If I can just get my foot in the door and be over there with a job (or my current job remotely), then I can make this work. 😀

ReplyQuote
Ellie Jordan
(@elliejorgan)
Member Gold supporter

Hi! 

I apologize if I'm asking for info that's already been mentioned in this thread, but I read through the discussion here and still have some questions about my own similar situation. I am moving to Ireland to marry my Irish partner, and am then planning on staying and obtaining a Stamp 4 for my continued residency/permission to work. However, my current job in the US has suggested that it might be possible for me to continue working remotely for them for a little longer after I leave the states. It would not be long-term, but just for another month or so to wrap up my projects, and before I would be able to seek new employment in Ireland, which is my long-term plan. Would this be possible without an employment permit in Ireland (before I get my Stamp 4, since I won't be able to get it immediately when I arrive in Ireland), for just a short period? Would it interfere with my eligibility to apply for a PPS and Stamp 4 and the things I would need for future employment in Ireland? Obviously I want to make sure I'm working legally, but it would be really great to be able to work remotely and spend a little less time unemployed between ending my current US job and finding a new one in Ireland. 

Thank you! 

Ellie

ReplyQuote
Dave Speer
(@davespeer)
Member Gold supporter

@elliejorgan official line on that here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/non-visa-short-work

unofficial... how would they know if you continued working for a short period of time? During COVID, I personally know of many people who have moved to the EU/US, and worked while on vacation. Don't people do this all the time even before COVID? e.g. you take a vacay to Mexico, and bring your laptop. I'm not advocating for breaking the rules, but seems like there's a bit of grey area/leeway here. 

On the other hand, many have posted on this forum that they get a Stamp 4 within days of arrival. 

Best wishes with your move. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: