RSS

Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
05/09/2019 7:08 am  

@johnk

Hi John

Sincere thanks for adding information about your experience here. Would appreciate updates/advice as you continue through the process. 

I will email you with accountant info. 

Liam

Check out my extremely useful Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

@userid mention someone if you'd like to get their attention.

ReplyQuote
Rose
 Rose
(@rose)
05/09/2019 7:02 pm  

Hi there,

I wanted to add 1 thing that I didn't use any Irish accountant because I have an Ulster Bank account.  Thus, I don't need an Irish accountant to confirm my balance in EURO.

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
05/09/2019 10:42 pm  

@rose

Thanks Rose. Were you able to open that account from overseas? Lot's of people also have that question. I know BOI offers this now, but it'd be nice to have options. 

Check out my extremely useful Moving to Ireland FAQ Guide!

@userid mention someone if you'd like to get their attention.

ReplyQuote
Rose
 Rose
(@rose)
06/09/2019 3:10 am  

@Liam

I opened the Ulster bank account when I was working in Dublin back to 2007.  I was holding Stamp 1 at that time, and thus I could open a bank account.  I am not sure if they have changed the policy now.

Actually, INIS just reinstated my GNIB card, they even used my old Stamp 1 photo on my Stamp 0 card!

When I renewed my PSC last year, the officer asked me why not reinstated my status in Ireland as I have everything such as PSC, Irish driver license, Ulster bank account etc.  I was even a tax payer in the State.  That's why I applied for Stamp 0 from Canada.  Otherwise, I would not bother to apply if I have to stay in Ireland to wait for the approval.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: