Notifications
Clear all

Stamp 0 for Non-EEA dependent

27 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@kevincallaghan)
Eminent Member

Not every solicitor will demand a consultation fee in order to answer a few immigration questions but most do require it. Different from the US where an attorney wants to sell YOU their expertise before money is exchanged. How do you know if the solicitor is any good unless you speak with them beforehand? This is just one of the many differences been doing business in Ireland vs. the US. Would a job seeker ask for payment from the company before an interview? That's kinda the right analogy.

ReplyQuote
(@kevincallaghan)
Eminent Member

Not every solicitor will demand a consultation fee in order to answer a few immigration questions but most do require it. Different from the US where an attorney wants to sell YOU their expertise before money is exchanged. How do you know if the solicitor is any good unless you speak with them beforehand? This is just one of the many differences been doing business in Ireland vs. the US. Would a job seeker ask for payment from the company before an interview? That's kinda the right analogy.

Anyway, Stamp 0 is a pretty esoteric process and I doubt an immigration solicitor has much knowledge nor can help you much with the process. The rules are pretty straightforward. It's the accountant that really matters. Save the solicitor for your legal appeal if you get rejected.  Now, if an attorney can connect you to a sympathetic TD, that could be worth their fee.

ReplyQuote
(@pegan875)

@vgupta_dub_2017 I paid an upfront fee for my initial consultation. I believe that the fee was then applied toward my account when I signed the engagement agreement. In my experience with lawyers and accountants, some require a consultation fee; some do not. Often, however, a consultation fee is applied to the account if you then become a client.

Patricia Egan, MBA, MS

ReplyQuote
(@samb123)

@vgupta_dub_2017 have u applied for your mom .

I am slightly confused as my new home is not ready yet and i do not want to rent and so confused a bit when is right time .Let me know how u are progressing .

ReplyQuote
(@vgupta_dub_2017)
Topic starter  

@samb123 Yes I have now started to collect my documents for my mom visa . I am trying to get the VH1 D category Medical Insurance for my mom , they are although refusing it to give if she is not in country already. So hopefully I have to plan that on the same day and online going to use it while travelling for her. 

I also want to update that I spoke to both Accountant and Solicitor and I have been told the total cost with everything would come around 1300 euro to get her here with all assistance and everything via them but I just couldn't find the need and I am now going ahead with Official docs and guidelines offered on the government website. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-a-non-eea-non-swiss-national/  

One of my friend who got the irish citizenship advised me to follow this as this is new website and updated very recently with all info. so I am just going ahead with my plans to collect docs and in one week or so I will try to send my application for the letter from immigration.

We can chat if I can be of any help !

Thanks

Vineet

ReplyQuote
(@samb123)

Ok but u do not need accountant its only for stamp 0 as independent living .

I was about to apply but my house is not ready yet and Visa D is valid for 6 months only so may be i will have to delay a bit .Not sure if we say we travel in sept/oct will they give  visa 6 months from travel date or 6 months from approval .Guess for u also 1 step process Type D visa as irish citizen .Also for insurance Quote is ok . 

ReplyQuote
(@samb123)

Yes we can chat but here is not chat option.

Also I know 3 people got visa without much hassle mine is dependent on house to be ready and i go not want to go and rent so not able to decide timing .

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: