Notifications
Clear all

Stamp 0 person of independent means questions

140 Posts
23 Users
30 Likes
22.8 K Views
(@dsolvie)

Thank you, John. Here is a short list of questions: 1) How did you acquire the criminal background check (police report), 2) And the same for the health check, 3) How about health insurance (did you buy a plan already or perhaps just indicate you plan to purchase from a particular firm)?

Also, if you could share the accounting firm to verify your financials and who you utilized for health insurance, that would be helpful. The other matters seem pretty straightforward. 

I suppose I am interested in many things about your decision, but I don't want to impose too much. I believe you have chosen Donegal, which is on my short list. Any particular reason for that choice?

At any rate, I'd like to keep in touch. I'm sure you have much to share.

ReplyQuote
(@jkellysf)

Hi Douglas,

I’m residing in Co. Kerry and not sure if you were replying to someone else.  Happy to answer your questions from my experience.

ReplyQuote
(@dsolvie)

Sorry, John, the message was meant as a response to John Hogan. No idea how I messed that up. But I'm glad to make your acquaintance as well. I may just ask you some questions later on. Hope you're having a nice day.

ReplyQuote
(@dsolvie)

@countydonega

Thank you, John. Here is a short list of questions: 1) How did you acquire the criminal background check (police report), 2) And the same for the health check, 3) How about health insurance (did you buy a plan already or perhaps just indicate you plan to purchase from a particular firm)?

Also, if you could share the accounting firm to verify your financials and who you utilized for health insurance, that would be helpful. The other matters seem pretty straightforward. 

I suppose I am interested in many things about your decision, but I don't want to impose too much. I believe you have chosen Donegal, which is on my short list. Any particular reason for that choice?

At any rate, I'd like to keep in touch. I'm sure you have much to share.

ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

@dsolvie Hi Douglas.  Sorry the for the delay in responding, but I'm in the middle of selling my house in Minneapolis so things are kinda hectic. But, hopefully the following will be helpful!

For the police clearance report, I requested background/criminal history reports from the City of Minneapolis Police Dept, State of MN Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) and the FBI. Requests for the FBI and MN BCA required submitting electronic fingerprinting. So, I submitted all three reports that indicated that I had no criminal history or outstanding warrants, etc. with the Stamp 0 documents.

For health declaration, I had my annual physical and asked my Dr. to write a letter indicating that I was healthy, had no underlying conditions and I had completed my Covid vaccinations.    

I bought health insurance before I moved to Ireland as most health insurance companies have a 30-day timeline. So, you cannot buy a plan now with an effective date beyond 30-days.  So, in order to receive documentation that I had private health insurance, I provided my health plan documents and purchase agreement as part of my Stamp 0 documents. You cannot indicate to INIS that you plan to purchase, you need an actual purchase agreement. At least, that was my understanding of the requirements.

County Donegal is my favorite area, but I also enjoy the west of County Galway.  I had an opportunity for an initial short-term rental of an apartment in Clifden, so my initial stay will be there. From there, who knows?? 

I hope this has been helpful!!  Good luck!

John

ReplyQuote
(@dsolvie)

@countydonegalThank you, John. It must be exciting, selling your home and committing to the move. I take it you have received an affirmative on your application? My plan is to do as you have done, try some short-term rentals in areas of interest and ultimately decide on some permanency somewhere. In your case, the Galway area is a good choice to begin your adventure. 

Thanks for the clarification of various matters. I think I have a fairly good handle on matters now. Best of luck with your move. Please let me know how things go after you get there. 

Doug

ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

@dsolvie Thanks, Doug!  Will do on keeping everyone posted!! Good to luck to you, too!

ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

@laneiger Hi Lori!  Jeanine Conaty recently mentioned that you passed your Theory Test for your Irish license not that long ago. Were you able to complete the test online?  I'm scheduled to arrive in Ireland in early Nov 2021, so not sure if there is anything I can go before arriving to take the test or do I need to wait until I get there to start the process??  I understand that you can request to reduce the number of driving lessons from 12 to 6 if you're able to prove a good driving record.  Any suggestions or recommendations on your experience would be appreciated!! Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@laneiger)

You should apply now to take the theory test. Online requires you to have a PC - not a mac; and not a phone. I did not have a PC - so I took it in person. 

https://theorytest.ie/

I would apply straight away as the waiting time is very long to get a test time. 

I downloaded the official app for my phone - and did a test a day for months on end. One time fee. I passed with 100%  (I suggest using their app bc they upgrade the questions; do not use a free one)

I just started my driving lessons this week. You cannot ask for a waiver of the time or 12 lessons requirements until you pass the theory test.  It is one step at slow time. 

At a minimum get the app to start practicing even if you wait to come here to apply for the test.

The test costs about 45 euro 

you may need an irish address to apply to take the test... can't remember. 

Hope that helps. 

ReplyQuote
(@countydonegal)

@laneigerTHANK YOU very much!  This is very helpful, so I appreciate the quick response! Fortunately, I have a PC and the systems meet the requirements to be able to complete the Theory test online. I've downloaded and paid for their app and will start with daily practice questions. Appears scheduling/downloading the test online can be done fairly quickly, so I'll practice for a few weeks before attempting to take the test.

I'll let you know if I have any other questions, so I hope you don't mind me circling back, if needed.

Thanks again good luck with your driving lessons!!

John

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 14
Share: