Clear all

Stamp 4 Visa Renewal Process

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@jschwartz)
Topic starter  

Hello,

Just curious to hear everyone's Stamp 4 renewal experiences if you're so kind as to share them. The official website is not very detailed with regards to the process and what documents you need to bring so I was hoping I can get some info here. Thanks a million!

Topic Tags
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hey Joey

We’ve had plenty of stamp 4 applicants on here over the years but I don’t recall hearing from any about renewal.  How often do you need to do this? 

ReplyQuote
(@mairead)
Eminent Member

Joey,

I have renewed several times now, in the Dundalk Garda station. It went well each time, except getting an appointment was sometimes tricky. Make sure you have that sorted well ahead of the expiry of your previous stamp4. I brought my Irish wife, a recent electricity bill to prove I still live here, my passport, her passport, and my previous GNIB residency card. I brought things that showed I was actively contributing to the economy but they did not want to see those. The first time, they took all my fingerprints on a digital scanner. Each time, they took a photo for my next GNIB card. I had to come by to collect it about 2 weeks after the meeting where they re-stamped my passport. I am still waiting for my Naturalization process to come through -- it got delayed over a year due to Brexit and then Covid19 -- so at the last Stamp4 meeting, they gave me an extra 4 years instead of one. The Gardai are so nice here!

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Steve and @mairead

Great to hear from you. Thank you for being so generous with your time by coming back and sharing your experience with others here. Much appreciated.

I hope life in Ireland has been good to you, and all is going well 🙂 

Best wishes,

Liam  

Mairead and Mairead reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: