Clear all

Immigration process during COVID-19

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jschwartz)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any info on how the current pandemic might affect the visa renewal process? (not in the Dublin area in this case so it's the guards in charge.)

It seems a bit risky walking into a garda station, waiting around with other applicants sitting nearby etc. Have they changed anything? (e.g., booking an appointment in advance so there's only one person at a time or even moved some of the process online?)

I've looked on all the official websites and there's no update whatsoever from previous years. Strangely.

Kind regards,

Joe

Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Hey Joey

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be sitting around in a small room with a few others for possible a few hours either. Have you tried calling up the Garda branch office where you would attend? No surprise with the non-existent website info 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jschwartz)
Topic starter  

@moveclubadmin Cheers for the reply, Liam!

I'm thinking of emailing them. Not sure how to go about it exactly without giving them the impression I'm trying to avoid the appointment altogether (it should really be done via video conferencing but something tells me that's not gonna be an option) so if you have any ideas please do share!

I'm obviously quite nervous about the whole thing...

This post was modified 4 years ago by Joey Schwartz

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

@jschwartz I don't think an email could hurt. You could send it anonymously if you really wanted to. With everything going on, it is a legitimate concern. 

ReplyQuote
(@jschwartz)
Topic starter  

@moveclubadmin Thanks for that. I was thinking of sending it anonymously but they'll probably ask for me details before providing any information.

You're right, it's a legitimate concern and I can't believe there's no info on their website!

1969: man lands on the moon

2020: general public can't get basic information about business opening hours and basic government procedures on the internet...

ReplyQuote
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Joey

I know you said you're not in Dublin, but maybe it's worth giving the new registration renewal website a shot. What do you think? Maybe it's not even possible, I don't know 

https://inisonline.jahs.ie/

liam

ReplyQuote
(@jschwartz)
Topic starter  

Thank Liam. I've found information online since regarding the general procedure (basically it's the same as before just with mask wearing and advance appointments) but it's not very detailed.

Would love to hear from someone that's gone through it recenty.

ReplyQuote
Share: