Marrying and moving, hopefully.  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Liam
 Liam
(@moveclubadmin)
Prominent Member Admin
December 6, 2020 9:22 pm  

@staceyweiler No, not currently. Here are the requirements http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

ReplyQuote
Ellie Jordan
(@elliejorgan)
Member Gold supporter
January 7, 2021 1:35 pm  

Hello all, me again! 

I am still working on the process of submitting my notification to marry, and I'm really struggling with understanding exactly what is acceptable for the "letter of freedom to marry," as a US citizen. So far what I understand is that there isn't an official US document for this, but an affidavit stating my legal single status should be acceptable. Is this something I could just write up myself and have notarized? Would I need to have it executed anywhere specific, or by anyone specific, like at a consulate or specific state or county office? I'm really not sure if I am overcomplicating this, but I want to be sure I submit something that is actually acceptable proof of my single status, and I cannot seem to figure out exactly how to do this! If anyone has done this and can share what you used for their letter or how you obtained it, I would be so so grateful! This is the last document I'm having trouble with and I am so ready to just  have this all submitted. Thank you! 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: