Clear all

Stamp 0 Renewal

14 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@laneiger)
Topic starter  

Hello, 

Your approval letter states if you can renew or not. 

Yes, it is a yearly verification by an Irish CA. 

For the renewal finances, I submitted Irish CA verified proof of my income, and cash in the amount of an Irish home

but NOT my monthly expenses (as I did in the initial submission). 

You will need to send in a renewal request to the same office in Dublin - most folks have been doing this at least a month or more in advance of the expiration  (this is in your approval letter). 

(also you need to show private health insurance, full copy of your passport, copy of your registration card)  

Then -- you will need to do the registration again. Where this depends on which county you live in. Dublin has an online system now. Other counties are probably still in person at the local garda (one has to check) 

Hope this helps. 

ReplyQuote
 Pam
(@pam)

@laneiger

Thanks so much for that detailed reply. Most appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
(@kevincallaghan)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the update Lori. You seem to have figured out the best way to navigate though the Stamp 0 confusion.

May I ask, when you say that your approval letter states whether your Stamp 0 can be renewed, do you know how INIS determines whether you can renew or not? Is it simply based on your plan to stay in Ireland for only one year or to stay indefinitely?

Also, would you describe the renewal process as the same or easier than the initial application?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

ReplyQuote
(@laneiger)
Topic starter  

>do you know how INIS determines whether you can renew or not? Is it simply based on your >plan to stay in Ireland for only one year or to stay indefinitely?

The INIS is given wide discretion in the way it makes decisions. I never saw any guidelines on this... so your guess would be as good as any?   

If I were to guess, the INIS may look at people from countries that need a visa for entry differently?? But this is my wild guess. Maybe someone else knows or had experience... 

>Also, would you describe the renewal process as the same or easier than the initial application?

The renewal process is WAY easier as it is much less information to provide to INIS. 

Hope that helps

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: